Last updated November 10, 2016
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Account and profile information. The information we require to create your Belly Up! account and purchase a membership is your first and last name, an email address and password.
- Billing information. We collect billing address and credit card information when you purchase a membership on Belly Up!. Credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored at Belly Up!.
- Log data. When you use Belly Up!, our servers automatically record information, including information that your mobile device sends whenever you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain personally identifiable data and is not routinely deleted.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Belly Up! on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Belly Up! usage information. This is information about which venue, features, redemptions you interact with within Belly Up! and what integrations with related services you use.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Belly Up! may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Log-in cookies are associated with your Belly Up! account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other cookies are not tied to your Belly Up! account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things.
Belly Up! sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies on their respective websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
- Providing the Belly Up! service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver content and services to you.
- Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a specific user.
- Improving redemption services and selections. We work with our partners using information from your usage and aggregate usage from all users to deliver more customized services to you.
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent activity from happening. We work hard to keep Belly Up! secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
- Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through Belly Up! Using in Site notifications or other messaging tools.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Belly Up! users about new product features or other news about Belly Up!. You can opt-out of these at any time.
Belly Up! takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Belly Up! service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
Belly Up! is not directed to anyone under 21. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the email address on the bottom of this page.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Belly Up! after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
Contacting BELLY UP!
Belly Up! LLC
5517 Highwood Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55436